The Laurels is one of the most admired contemporary homes in Mt. Macedon, perfectly positioned on an established 1880’s historic garden, elevated to take in views over the tree line and range.
Here, all the hard work has been done, every detail has been thought of and executed with a degree of quality, rarely found.
The main entrance walk-way offers glimpses of the sparkling pool, and leads beyond into an impressive double-height gallery space. The lower levels, boasts two generous sized bedroom rooms, (one currently configured as a large study area ). Both have access to their own separate ensuite / bathroom. A fully equipped kitchen overlooks the landscaped rear courtyard, BBQ pergola, and deck. The lounge and dining rooms open forward onto a large tiled deck that sits out and into the garden, with views across Mount Towrong. Further along a fully glazed sunroom, provides a perfect tranquil sitting room, overlooking a formal fish pond.
The indoor pool is undoubtedly one of the best in the Macedon Ranges – the 12m pool is heated with gas and solar, and includes large framed windows overlooking the garden, balcony, space for gym equipment for the fitness minded and a shower room.
Upstairs, an extra-large living and entertainment area with stunning views, opens southward onto a generous elevated terrace. There is a walk bridge spanning the entry to a powder room, a massive master suite with separate walk-in-robe, and ensuite, and another large bedroom, with robe and ensuite.
The fully self-contained separate modern guest studio next to the main home includes a bedroom, kitchenette, bathroom and elevated balcony.
Over two acres of old Mount Macedon garden complete the setting, with a wide collection of mature trees, rhododendrons, perennial beds, sunny open lawn spaces, a woodland of naturalised bulbs in spring, interspersed with winding paths and rockwork.
With an easy 55 minute commute to the CBD (and 30 minutes to the airport), we provide a rare opportunity to purchase a property of distinct character, quality and position in Mount Macedon with unparalleled privacy and views with convenient main road access.
The Laurels is a truly remarkable home realistically priced on Mt.Macedon’s golden mile.
• 12m Indoor pool/spa (gas and solar heated)
• Quality zoned gas hydronic heating throughout
• Double-glazing throughout, reducing heat loss in the cooler months
• Fan assisted wood heaters in the living zones
• Expansive indoor and outdoor entertaining zones
• 100″ Screen and Cinema room
• Double garage and storeroom / workshop
• Garden shed / mower storage shed (under studio)
• CBUS intelligent lighting and home automation
• Security alarm
• European appliances throughout
• Quality Italian light-fittings
• 3 fully cabled audio visual zones
• A fully self-contained separate guest room / studio
• Network points throughout (perfect for smart TV and media streaming)